Monday 25 February 2008

25th February 2008

Not the Best Day

Because it is my 24th wedding anniversary - and Richard died almost two years ago. So I am a bit sad.

Here is a picture of us on our wedding day in 1984.

It's Warwick Castle you can see in the background.

Woolly-Minded

No, not a description of me, but of the group I've started in La Petite Fontaine in Le Dorat. It was the second meeting today (every Monday) and there were just 3 of us there. Still, we had a good natter and hopefully people will come and go each week. It takes time to get these things started. Last week we were five, so maybe will be again! ...maybe even 7 sometime...

The idea is that it is a knit/crochet/craft group and we can chat at the same time. Sad to say, not much except the chatting has been done so far! Still, that was the whole idea.

I took a shawl I am doing, and Maarit was doing a sock on 4 needles - very impressive! I may even start a sock soon, knowing there is some help on hand. It's not as if I don't have any sock yarn...
















Sandra brought her bits for jewellery-making, to show me some rose quartz bracelets I was interested in. Sadly rose quartz is not very rosy at all! Maybe I'll have to choose rubies!


I am also doing another cardigan for Molly (well 2 actually, but I'm waiting for Tor to give me a sleeve length for one of them). This one is actually a sugar-almond pink, but doesn't photograph well. I'll take the next picture outside in daylight.


I have done all of this from yesterday evening, so should finish it easily this week.

No comments: