Tuesday 4 March 2008

4th March 2008

All The Weather You Could Think Of (almost) In One Day!

It rained all night, and was cloudy but fine when I woke up this morning. I had an appointment in Confolens to set up my health insurance top-up, so had to be out fairly early. When I got in the car it had just begun to rain gently. When I got to the main road it started to snow and in another 100 yards I was driving in a violent blizzard! By the time I got to Confolens (20 mins) it was fine again, and there were only a few clouds in the sky. When I came out of the insurance office it was raining hard again, and as I walked up towards the car the rain turned to snow once more. I had an appointment for coffee with a friend so I bought a couple of pains à raisins in a boulangerie. When I emerged it was sunny again!

...and so the day continued....

After coffee and lunch with Sue I went back to the supermarket in Confolens for some shopping. At one point I could hear a terrible noise overhead and tracked it down to a roof window, high up in a kind of tunnel in the ceiling. The window was covered in white, so I took it that it was snowing hard outside. Actually it was hail because, when I came out of the store, my car was covered in it!


In a different supermarket I bought a camellia at a bargain price of 11 euro 50 - about 8 pounds sterling. Obviously I can't plant it outside in this weather, but it is lovely!

1 comment:

Jason Fist said...

We had the same sort of thing in Paris. Cold with rain, hail, 30-second snow, sunshine. I didn't know whether to wear trunks or armour...