Monday 30 June 2008

30th June 2008

So - last day of June...and then JULY!!!!!! Let's hope the weather continues to be hot, although I do need to go and buy a fan to help me sleep at night - it's so hot in my attic bedroom.

I had set up a little mosquito-proof curtain by sticking up a door curtain over the window, so that I could sleep with the window open. Even then there has not been a breeze, so it's difficult to sleep. But today I came home to find the curtain hanging off on one side and a lizard firmly stuck to the sticky tape where the velcro had been. Poor lizard must have pushed his way under the velcro which, to be fair, was coming off slightly from its sticky backing, and then got stuck himself! Fortunately I was able to peel the sticky tape off the wall and prise the lizard carefully off it. I didn't have the heart to make him wait while I took a photo, so you'll just have to imagine the scene... I was worried I might break one of his toes, or he would shed his tail, or I would hurt him in some way but, when he was finally free he leaped off the window ledge, seemingly unhurt. I checked the ground below but there was no sign of a flat lizard, so I guess it all ended happily - bouncy little things, those lizards! Of course I ruined the sticky tape in the process...

Meanwhile the water level in my well is going down, but I can still reach it with my bucket-on-a-rope. Goes against the grain to pay for and use tap water when you have a well... Must sort out a pump.....

1 comment:

Jason Fist said...

Yes, must sort out a pump.