Wednesday 16 July 2008

16th July 2008

Sunny and Hot Again

More good weather, but I'm not so good - I seem to have an ear infection and my right ear is bright red and as hot as the weather. (Maybe hotter)! I have an appointment to see the doctor later today, which has broken my good record (I haven't been to the doctor at all in France, and Ive been here since March 2007).

Anyway, all the plants are doing well. With the good weather and watering most evenings, everything is in bloom - some for the second time, such as the lupin.

Photobucket

The roses have been flowering on and off for a couple of months, but have produced a good flush of flowers right now:

Photobucket
Photobucket


On a different subject, I bought a pretty tablecloth at the Journee Artisanale in Le Dorat last Sunday. It was on the stall in the convent grounds. It has a few tiny wear holes, but I can put up with that. It is lovely heavy linen, embroidered with branches and berries - ideal for Christmas, I thought.

Photobucket
Photobucket

You may notice I have better pictures now - I am using Photobucket and linking to it, which gets round the problems that Blogger has.

OK - well not so good yet.... but I'll be working on it. Meanwhile you can click on what part of the picture you can see, and that should take you to the actual oneon Photobucket.

No comments: