Wednesday 10 September 2008

Warm Weather and Little Bees

It's a couple of weeks since my last post but I've been on holiday in England. I went to Giles' party...
...then to see people in the Midlands, and then down to Tor's where, amongst other things we had a lovely lunch in Lilly's in Wickham...

...and then I came home overnight on the ferry and saw the dawn over the French coast...
It was raining for most of the time in England, and cold too, but back here it's still warm and sunny, although with some rain too (it's not Camelot)!

While at Tor's I made Molly a little bag - she likes bags (I wonder where she gets that from!) I'll be posting the instructions on Ravelry if you're interested.
Back in France

As there has been some rain in the last few days, I decided to cut out some more lawn to make flower beds and put in all the flowers that had been suffering in pots. Some almost died while I was away, with no-one to water them. I think (hope) they'll recover - at least for next year if not this.
So I started to weed the existing flower bed, which was pretty overgrown...funny how the weeds flourish without much water, while the pot plants die...

...but I got so hot the sweat was running down from my forehead and dripping on my sunglasses as if it was raining! At least the weeding is done now, but I'm leaving the turf removal and the planting until this evening when it's a bit cooler ...but I can show you the bed with the weeds removed, at least, and I'll show you the rest later.
It was while I was doing that, that I heard the bee. It was buzzing round me but moving so fast I couldn't focus on it. Finally it stopped on the Verbena and I was amazed! I have never seen such a tiny bee before, all silvery, and with a long proboscis that it poked in every flower, often visiting some twice, for good measure!

1 comment:

Jason Fist said...

I see that Molly already has an iPod nano! Good girl!