Thursday 8 October 2009

Birthday Update

A little late - my apologies. Having had visitors for the last six weeks, I haven't really been doing regular blog updates. I'll try and improve, honestly!

Tuesday was my birthday and Joan was here for the week (she went home today). We had a great time and the weather was fantastic! On my birthday we went out for lunch (actually we ate out most days) to a hotel in Confolens with a terrace overlooking the Vienne river.

It had a spectacular view of the river in one direction (see above) and the two bridges over it in the other...

...we both had the same menu choice (my favourite) BAKED POTATO - which is so hard to find in France. Here is Joan eating hers...

A great day with great food and great weather.

1 comment:

I LOVE FRANCE said...

Happy Birthday
I am glad you had a lovely time
Havent been to confolens yet but a nice baked potato sounds good to me
Andrea