Saturday 6 March 2010

It really looks as if Spring is just about here! Today is gorgeous, even though there is still a cold wind. That wind is drying my washing as we speak...

...and the sky is a clear blue...

A little pink hyacinth has opened up in the flower bed - despite the fact that the soil is still frozen...

...and there are fresh green shoots on the irises...

I do hope it's Spring in England too, as I'm going there tomorrow!

Molly's Sweater

I started this sweater a while ago, but it was size 3 to 4 so there was no urgency to finish it and, as usual, I got distracted making other stuff (in this case, hearts for Valentine's Day). Now that I'm going to see her I wanted to get as far as possible with it and hopefully finish it while I'm in England. It is a sweet, fluffy yarn (made in Spain - Nuvole, by Lanasstop)


- easy to work with and with a lovely warm feel - and PINK, of course, so I'm sure she'll like it.


I found the pattern a bit difficult, as it gave no overall idea of what I would be doing, and there was no picture, although there were a couple on the Ravelry page! Because of that, I put it down when it got tricky. However, I've worked it out now and it is not that bad. The pattern was for the Placket Sweater a free pattern originally from Joelle Hoverson's book Last Minute Knitted Gifts, and you can download it from here.

If you are a member of Ravelry (if not - join - it's great!) then you can download it from there.

4 comments:

I LOVE FRANCE said...

Well it feels like spring here in Northern Ireland
Thank goodness
Have a lovely time in England
Do you know anywhere in our area that we could buy double glazing fron billy is going to fit them himself but not sure who would actually make the units for us

MarmaladeRose said...

Yes I've had washing drying on the line too, isn't it wonderful? Little pleasures!

Booklinks said...

Lovely pictures: The washing on the line at this beautiful location!
Just like a painting

Twiglet said...

I have awarded you a sunshine award - pop over to my blog and check it out.