Thursday 8 April 2010

Tidy Kitchen

I have to admit to being a lazy so-and-so. Well, I live on my own in a fairly isolated hamlet in rural France and get very few visitors. So I tend to do only what I need to for my own comfort. I cook (sometimes) I clean (rarely) I tidy almost never)...

But today a friend was taking her car for service in a nearby village and suggested she could come for lunch with me, bringing a mutual friend with her. So I had to clean up a bit...

Now the kitchen looks like this...

...although the rest of the house is as messy as ever!

5 comments:

Marigold Jam said...

Lovely big kitchen you have there. Hope they enjoyed/will enjoy the lunch too!

Jane

Dan said...

Wow, your kitchen is really lovely!! I bet it looks great even when it is a mess! I'm no domestic goddess either, so tidying up for viewings whilst we are selling ours really is a challenge! I wish I was more of a tidy person, but I'm just not! The lived in look is much nicer don't you think...?
Hope you enjoyed a great lunch with friends!
Best wishes
Dan

.Homemakers Tales said...

I,m with you on this my sister can=me to visit to visit on Tuesday and after us all being at home over the long weekend it was a tip i felt i was almost spring cleaning! lovely to see her as she lives 40 odd miles away and its Thursday and its still tidy ish ! ha ha
Your kitchen is fab by the way ..... x

Reading Tea Leaves said...

I love your kitchen, with those 'bones' it will look good even on a messy day!

Jeanne

Penny said...

What a lovely kitchen! Mine is a small galley, part of an open plan living are which is just right for our little house but secretly I hanker for the 'Farmhouse' sort like yours! I have been obsessively crocheting 'teeny tiny flowers' ever since you introduced me to them...I now have a plan...! Penny x