Saturday 16 October 2010

Countdown to Leaving

Two weeks tomorrow at this time, I will be on the ferry to England.  Sue has helped me sort and pack up some of my craft stuff, ready for the removal men...




...and I am looking at how much I can cram in my estate car to take back myself.  


However, all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy, so in between times I've been making these mice - filled with catnip grown in the garden here, so all organic. The yarn is Noro sock - all from the same ball so far.




I have to say that, although this yarn is GORGEOUS colourwise, it is HORRID to work with, especially in crochet, and with a small piece of work.  It twists and kinks and you have to keep stopping about once every 30 seconds to dangle the work to release the twist, which slows everything down annoyingly.


I have made a pair of socks from this yarn but, sadly, they got a little smaller with each wash and now are destined to be cut up and made into felted phone or iPod cases!


Fortunately the only washing these mice will get will be from those little rough cat tongues...

1 comment:

Marigold Jam said...

Best of luck with the move and I know you will enjoy being back in UK even if only for an extended visit.

Jane