Friday 24 June 2011

Concrete Evidence

You know how I said that I thought I would just fork over the ground and plant my flowers?  And that didn't exactly work out quite that easily?  Well today I hit (and I mean HIT) another snag...

Concrete evidence

This is the base of an old basket ball post - I remember seeing it when I first bought the house, and I'm not sure how it was disposed of then (probably Giles cut off the metal bit as low as he could) but there is certainly concrete evidence of its existence! Maybe those Knights Templar had a great old time playing this game behind the barn...

There's no doubt it's strongly fixed.  I tried to dig around and undercut the concrete, but a lot of earth has been dumped here over the years, and it's taking me a long time.  The sun is out today and now it's too hot to continue...

..and anyway I need to borrow a pickaxe!

No comments: