Tuesday 1 November 2011

Mellow Fruitfulness

Yesterday I went to the La Tache house.  There is a chance that I might have someone to rent it and I wanted to check everything looked good, and also to get some of the fruit from the back garden...

There were not many quinces on the two trees, so I only got about 6, but I discovered several medlar trees forming part of the hedge, so picked some of those too.  The old apple tree (variety 'Pierre' apparently) was loaded with fruit and lots of windfalls on the ground too, so I got what I could...

Fruit from La Tache

...a reasonable haul, I thought.

I have found two recipes for medlars - a fruit jelly and a Walnut Bakewell Tart with roasted medlars, and I think I'll try this tart first.  Well - the medlar jelly takes 2Kg of medlars, and I don't think I've got that many!

Catnip Carrots

I MAY have mentioned these before...  anyway, I've perfected my pattern now and have made most of the order for them (from The Green Apple) and so I thought you might like a little look...

Catnip Carrots

...for healthy cats!

My route to La Tache takes me alongside a little lake, at St. Barbant - a small village near me.  It was a perfect autumn day, so I stopped on the way back and took this picture...

Lake at St. Barbant

1 comment:

quilterliz said...

G'day. Love those carrots. Great photos. Hope you do manage to rent your house. Take care. Liz...