Friday 11 November 2011

Planting for REAL Flowers

Okay - so I didn't get to the shop today and I didn't do any painting.  Hopefully, I'll make it tomorrow. So why didn't I go?  well, the shop is 30K away from my house - so a 60K round trip.  Normally I try to combine it with something else, such as a visit to the supermarket, or even coffee with a friend...  so as not to use up too many of the earth's resources needlessly, you understand.

Honestly, I was so nearly on my way, when I remembered that today was a Public Holiday - for Armistice Day - and that nowhere would be open. I wouldn't be able to get anything from the supermarket and I wasn't even sure that the local cafés would be open for coffee or lunch...yes, I know that sounds ridiculous, but honestly - when it's a holiday here, NOTHING opens!

So instead I made some more brooches (getting brooch addiction...) and planted some bulbs in pots...

Bulbs planted

At least I'll be ready for the Spring!

Incidentally, I have so many brooches now that I thought I'd do a Giveaway.  Just leave me a comment (and include your email address) and I'll do the draw next Wednesday - after my first day of opening the shop!

7 comments:

Crafts @ Home said...

Ooooh, please count me in on your giveaway, I know you already have my email address!so I won't repeat it here... I must get my tulips that turned up yesterday in the ground, mind you, it hasn't got light here all day!
Sue Xxx

Heldasland said...

please count me in.your brooches are so pretty.
heldap@otmail.co.uk

Lilbitbrit said...

Hi,
I always dream of renting one of your houses.

Do include me for a dear little broach.

Christy
Lil Bit Bit

lilbitbrit_007@msn.com

Debra in France said...

Hi Penny, the brooches look great, and I can't wait to see the shop next week. I have made one of your beaded bracelets and will bring it to show you.
Debra xx

Elizabethd said...

This year two of our local supermarkets actually opened in the morning. I'm not sure I felt that was right somehow.
Would love to enter your giveaway.

quilterliz said...

G'day Penny. I am not sure about other parts of Australia, but here in my part of this beautiful land, the shops are open. It is not a public holiday here. But, in saying that, at the eleventh hour, many people will observe a minutes silence. Myself included. Take care. Liz...

Joy said...

Well, I thought it time to check in with you and see how things are going. Will stop by the Chez Penny blog to see the shop. Count me in on the drawing! Have a great week! You've reminded me that I need to get my tulips planted--in the ground! Wish I had the money to visit your shop!