I put so many flowers on this teacosy that there was no room left to sew on the handle without it looking odd! So I left it off, and it'll go on the next one I make in this colour!
I thought of these flowers as poppies but, after I made them, they looked more like carnations, so I have created another design which DOES look like a poppy! (Haven't made that one up yet!)
In this teacosy I tried a different technique and, instead of sewing on i-cord for the rim of the basket, I knitted some rows then folded and sewed them. It was not as good, I don't think, as it was very firm and made the teacosy difficult to shape. I still like this teacosy though, but the i-cord is easier to use.