Tuesday 26 June 2012

A Shawl, a Hat and a Potager

...not necessarily in that order!

This morning I spent a couple of hours weeding the potager - but now it's lunchtime and too hot, so I'll continue when it's cooler.  This is the result so far...

half weeded Jun 26

I'm recovering now, with an Innocent smoothie - banana and strawberry!

Meanwhile, the last (will it really be?) Amari shawl has been blocked...

Blue Amari

Blue Amari, close

It is really pretty.  The yarn was something unidentifiable from my stash - with no ballbands. Feels like Shetland, though.  For the 'rib' rows (they stand out like ribs) I added a thread of Kidsilk night, which has a tiny bit of sparkle, and used this in the border too. 

Yesterday I started (and finished, in the child size) a Miranda hat for the Charity KAL promoted by Project Stash

 Miranda 1-2

I am now working on a blue-turquoise one in the adult size.

3 comments:

Annie said...

Just gorgeous...is there no stopping you?
Hugs,
A x

Evelyn said...

This Amari is really so, so pretty. I'm at the beginning of the lace section now on my shawl and looking forward to seeing how it knits up.

Love your Miranda Hat -- and another in turquoise? Lovely!

quilterliz said...

G'day Penny. Garden looks great, love the shawl and hat. You really are one busy lady. Not hot here by any means, winter is in full force. Take care. Liz...