Wednesday 29 August 2012

Crochet Stones

Maybe it's holidays by the sea or river but there seems to be a sudden proliferation of crochet stones about.  Or is it just that I brought these in some weeks ago from the garden (they were originally from a shingle beach in the UK) and, seeing some on a blog (or was it Pinterest?) I decided this evening to crochet-cover them.  I've done it before, but I gave them all away.  Here's today's products...

two stones

Easy to do - you just make up the pattern as you go along.  The white could do with a button maybe...

White stone

...or am I too fixated with buttons?

The blue flower just because this was the first crochet design I ever made, in the 1970s.  It was a lavender  sachet published in Womans Weekly.  You can still find the design, free, on my Ravelry page.

blue flower stone

3 comments:

quilterliz said...

G'day Penny. How good is that. I wouldn't have thought of covering stones. Take care. Liz...

Erica said...

These are so lovely and would make perfect paperweights.

Debra in France said...

Funny you should do these, I have been thinking of knitting or crocheting over stones to hang on a harden table cloth to stop it blowing away! xx