Thursday 23 August 2012

Deep in the Country...

SUSAN: We're going away, Edmund, deep in the countryside where we'll be safe.
EDMUND: Yes, and do you know why we'll be safe?  Because, in the country, nothing ever happens...

The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe

 ...and Edmund is right!

Well, more or less - you have to make your own entertainment here.

Today I have been entertaining myself with making a shawl called Piper's Journey.  It's an easy pattern and quite quick to do...

 
Pattern from Quince and Co
I am currently on the border, which is taking a bit of time, but it is very pretty.

It has been too hot again to do anything else, although the nights are cooling down, and tomorrow is forecast to be several degrees cooler.  I hope so!


2 comments:

Annie said...

Oh Penny thats looks so lovely. What colour have you made it?
Hugs,
A x

quilterliz said...

G'day Penny. I look forward to seeing it all finished. Take care. Liz..