Tuesday 25 September 2012

Another One Bites the Dust

If the three little kittens lived here, they'd having nothing to worry about. There are plenty of replacement mittens going!  This latest is based on the Foliage Mitts design by Meg Hollar, but I wanted a pattern that I didn't need to concentrate on much (that is to say /EASY!) I found that the yarn overs in Meg's pattern just would not fix themselves in my mind and I still had to watch the pattern graph quite closely.

So - the Dragonfly mittens were born...

Dragonfly

With a slightly altered pattern the going was much quicker and the resulting pattern reminded me of dragonfly wings...

Dragonfly, detail

Must fly off now and finish the second one...

2 comments:

quilterliz said...

G'day Penny. They are just lovely. Love the colour. Take care. Liz...

Sophie said...

So glad I stumbled across your blog and wish I had your knitting talent. Those mittens are amazing.
Best wishes
Sophie