I just found this pattern by chance yesterday - it had been put up on Ravelry, even though the English translation, by Robyn at weebitwonky.com is dated 2007.
It looked very simple, and indeed it was - though the instructions may be too sparse for a beginner.I didn't, of course, have the specified yarn, so I used Rowan's Felted Tweed. It was a nice yarn to work with, although sheds fibres a bit. Here's my finished beret - though it's still drying on a big plate... I love the way the decreases form part of the pattern in that zig-zag way. Easy to do and effective! Off to finish those green mittens now!