Sunday 23 September 2012

French Beret

I just found this pattern by chance yesterday - it had been put up on Ravelry, even though the English translation, by Robyn at weebitwonky.com is dated 2007.



It looked very simple, and indeed it was - though the instructions may be too sparse for a beginner.I didn't, of course, have the specified yarn, so I used Rowan's Felted Tweed.  It was a nice yarn to work with, although sheds fibres a bit.

Here's my finished beret - though it's still drying on a big plate...

Grey Felted Tweed

I love the way the decreases form part of the pattern in that zig-zag way.  Easy to do and effective!

Grey Felted Tweed, detail

Off to finish those green mittens now!

5 comments:

Marigold Jam said...

I love berets - on other people as I can never make one look good on me!

Annie said...

What a busy bee you are Penny :-)
Love your latest creation. It was the twins 1st birthday party...I've just uploaded some pics to my blog :-)
Hugs,
A x

Anna said...

Very nice color and pattern !
Have a creative week.
Anna

quilterliz said...

G'day Penny. That looks lovely. The zig zag on it looks very effective. Take care. Liz...

Crafty in the Med said...

Another lovely beret Penny and those mittens look super warm and cosy. Got to say though I think the Gretel one is my favourite! :-)

many thanks for your kind comments on my last post.

keep well

Amanda :-)