Saturday 6 October 2012

Happy Birthday to Me...

Hello everyone.  And hello to all my new followers!  Lovely to see you.

It is my birthday today.  Clickety click is a clue...

My daughter asked me what I was doing on this special day and I told her - knitting a beret.  I know, not very birthday-ish, but it is a different beret.  Not a Gretel this time, but the Rustling Leaves beret from Coastal Knits.  Guess it won't be the last one...

Rustling Leaves 1

This is how far I've got at the moment, so I'm not sure it'll be finished today. I have made one concession to birthday-ness and am going out to dinner.  Tomorrow I'm planning to go to a big brocante in Lussac-les-Chateaux and on Monday I'm going into Limoges with Debra, my friend and hairdresser.

I don't know how I cope with all this excitement (at my age...)!

13 comments:

Twiglet said...

Mine yesterday - yours today!! Happy Birthday - have a lovely one. x Jo

Janet said...

Happy Birthday - have great day.

Debra in France said...

Happy Birthday Penny. Have a great weekend and looking forward too our day out on Monday xxxx

It was good too see you yesterday, and as good a your berets look on your blog, they look even better in real life - the colours and the yarns are gorgeous xxxx

Marigold Jam said...

Joyeuse anniversaire a toi!

Babajeza said...

Happy Birthday! J'aime la France et des brocante. I'd love to join in the fun! Have a nice and exciting weekend. Regula

Crafty in the Med said...

happy Happy birthday Penny...enjoy your dinner and have a smashing day tomorrow!!!

Enjoy

Amanda :-)

Annie said...

Happy Birthday from me too. Hope you have a great day and many more :-)
Hugs,
A x

moleymakes said...

Happy Birthday Penny. Hope you have a fabulous day xx

Preeti said...

Happy birthday ! :)

Elizabethd said...

Well, Bonne anniversaire!
Hope you have a lovely dinner.

Trudy said...

Happy Birthday fellow-October birthday girl!! (I'm at the other end of the month). I think going to a French brocante is high on my list of birthday treats. Have fun!!

quilterliz said...

G'day penny. Oh, I do hope you had a wonderful birthday.Belated wishes to you, my friend. Take care. Liz...

Annie Cholewa said...

I missed this! A belated Happy Birthday from me :D