Thursday 20 December 2012

All in a Spin

I have opened my first Christmas present.  It was to me and from me, so not really a surprise.

Can you tell what it is yet?


You might guess if you have been following what I've been doing lately...

It's part of my NEW spinning wheel! An Ashford Kiwi.

Ashford Kiwi

Yesterday I collected it and waxed all the bits; today I spent a few happy hours assembling it.

This is what I have spun on it so far...

First spinning

It's just lovely!  A dream to spin on and I am making much finer yarn that I did before and it seems much easier to control the speed with the two treadles.

So guess what I'll be doing this Christmas?

5 comments:

Annie said...

Oh wow Penny that is wonderful. You will be lighting a fire and spinning til your heart's content.
I really hope you have a wonderful Christmas doing everything that makes you happy.
Hugs,
A x

.x.Helen.x. said...

ooo that looks lovely.

Hope you have a very Merry Christmas!

Marigold Jam said...

Can't believe you only started such a short time ago - it's looking really good! I have an Ashford too though mine is a Traveler and they are beautifully made aren't they? Have a happy spinning time at Christmas.

Babajeza said...

Great! Have fun with the wheel. :-)

Beth said...

Very nice -- both the spinning and the new wheel! Enjoy your holiday!