Monday 11 February 2013

A Snowy Day in London Town...

Well, the falling snow is getting lighter, but when I got up this morning - this was the scene from my bedroom windows...

Snow 1

Snow 2

Snow 3

Snow 4

...that's my car you can just see on the other side of the fence, covered in snow.

Actually it's melting a bit now, and I hope it doesn't freeze tonight and become lethal ice tomorrow.

I am of course, knitting another shawlette from coastal knits which I hope to show you soon, but for the moment all I can show you is a corner of the last, which I am blocking 'as we speak'!

Corner, blocking

This is another ball of Noro Kureyon sock yarn, plied with a linen/silk mix. The border is just the linen/silk mixture. The colours are lovely but the shawl is not as soft as the others.

3 comments:

Elizabethd said...

That is quite a heap of snow! I don't think we ever had much in Brittany.

moleymakes said...

We had a touch of snow here last night. Nothing much and thankfully it's melting fast.

Looking forward to seeing your shawl :)

quilterliz said...

G'day Penny. Great photos. Take care. Liz...