Saturday 10 August 2013

Jammy...

I decided to make jam with the peaches.  Seems they weren't as ripe as I thought though - for a start I couldn't get the skins off in the recommended way (drop in boiling water and then in cold) and ended up using the potato peeler! I did 6 and then thought I'd better see if they made jam OK or just a sauce for ice-cream...

Well the jam passed the saucer test and I filled nearly 3 of these jars. 

Peach jam

When it's cold I'll know whether I've got jam or sauce...

Peach jam2 






















EDITED TO ADD:


It's officially sauce!

3 comments:

Elizabethd said...

Mmmmmmm!

Sharon said...

Oh well, at least you tried! And to be honest, I think peach sauce will be lovely with icecream!!

Justjen said...

Oh yum, I hope it worked for you, you could even use it in a dessert or muffins.