Friday 23 August 2013

Wagons ROLL...

Another FREE pattern for you!

I was inspired by the Dune shawl, and created this square which I am currently making into a baby blanket for sale with the profits going to a local animal charity - the Hope Association.

I have called the pattern the Wagon Wheel Square...

Wagon Wheel Square

I've used an inexpensive acrylic, made by Stylecraft, but any DK weight yarn would be good.

Wagon Wheel Squares

A bonus of the pattern is that these squares (like traditional Granny squares) are joined as you go along.

joining

All you have to do is sew in a few ends each time you join a square and then, at the end, crochet a border around your blanket.  Or bag.  Or cushion.

The pattern is just for the square.  I'm making a blanket but you can make anything you like - so long as it can be done in squares!

3 comments:

Sharon said...

Very pretty Penny!
I do like the sky blue and lime green, such a lovely colour combination.
Hugs Sharon xx

French Nanny said...

Thanks, Sharon.

Judith said...

Such pretty fresh colours together - it is going to look gorgeous when finished...J