Friday 11 October 2013

Filial Visit

Hello - it seems like ages since I last posted!  My son Jason came down from Paris to visit me for my birthday, so I've been a bit busy.

The day of my birthday was misty in the morning, with a heavy dew.  It was beautiful on the spider webs...

Spider's web

...and the field next to my house was the perfect place for Aitch - my son and partner's dog - to run around.  A nice change for him...

Aitch in the field

Click on the picture to see him better - though it is a rear-end view!

My friend, Janet, brought me some super presents, including a lovely pumpkin and these beautiful roses...

Roses from Janet 2

They're going over a bit now, but they've lasted well.

We went for a walk in the Monts de Blond in the afternoon - 9 kilometers!!!!  As I'm not a walker, this pretty well wore me out and I certainly slept well that night.  Having a dog meant we got lots of walks and, although I enjoyed the scenery, I didn't enjoy the sore feet which resulted from my badly-fitting shoes.  I'm going to have to get some better ones if I'm to go walking much.

I also did a little carding of fibre, in Halloween orange...

carded fibre

...and I spun a little of it this morning...

first spinning from orange carded fibre

The light was not good for a photo and the spun yarn is not as dark as it looks.  Hopefully I can make some gloves, like these...

Purple-turq handspun

...which I plied and knitted while Jason was here.

I absolutely LOVE these colours!

Purple-turq handspun, close

I've also been doing a bit on my 1€ socks (50 cents a ball), and have finished the first one and turned the heel on the second!

Sofil Monte Carlo - blue

It's the first time I've knitted adult socks on two circular needles and I'm pleased with the result.

3 comments:

Sharon said...

Firstly, a belated but very happy birthday, Penny, I hope you had a lovely day.
It must have been nice for your son and his partner to come and share it with you.
I love the colour of the wool, it's very pretty and should make a nice pair of fingerless gloves.
I am impressed with the socks....very nice colour too!
Hugs Sharonxx

Annie Cholewa said...

A belated Happy Birthday Penny, your flowers are gorgeous. And I'm loving your hand spun.

Nothing beats walking with a dog, but as I have six of them I would say that wouldn't I!

Babajeza said...

Beautiful spider web. I can't wait to enjoy a misty morning in Oberheimen. :-)