Thursday 27 February 2014

Winter Woolies

Well, I've worn and washed the socks I showed you in the last post and they were lovely and warm.  Since washing they have become even softer, which is good!

I also spun some fibre and knitted a hat with it - although I haven't blocked it and it looks a bit lumpy!

Hat in handspun
I knitted another in conventional yarn and, although it was warm enough (I wore it on a walk yesterday) it was nothing like as cosy as the handspun one!

I'm currently knitting a plain-ish hat with some sock yarn held double and making up the pattern as I go along...

Crazy Zauerball hat

...and also crocheting a coat hanger cover for a hanger I found naked in my wardrobe!


Prosaic stuff, I know, but I don't have so much time for crafty things these days.

You see, I've met someone...  and we spend a lot of time together.  Time I used to fill with crafting - and also blogging.  So, less crafting and less blogging.  Sorry.

I still try and read your blogs though, but I don't always have the time to write comments...

Anyway - what's the weather like in your neck of the woods? Here it is raining again today, although not too cold.  I just wonder where Winter was - we don't seem to have had it yet.  All the Spring flowers are coming out and trees are blossoming, so I just hope some nasty weather doesn't creep up on us and frizzle all the blooms to death with a vicious frost! 

There are violets and celandines in the banks of the ditches by the roads and the odd cowslip too... and in my garden more violets and the little baby daffodils I brought from England last summer are popping up everywhere in bud and flower.  Long may it continue, I say.  I'd rather have the rain than snow and ice!



If you're reading this in England, I hope you are flood-free and looking forward to the Summer.

3 comments:

Annie said...

So thrilled to hear your news. Give me good company any day. :-) I'm sure there will still be time for creative crafty play. Hugs,
Annie x

Elizabethd said...

Great news, there is nothing as good as a like-minded companion.

quilterliz said...

G'day Penny. It is wonderful to hear that you are so happy. Your winter woollies look lovely. It's warm here today, though nothing like the scorching days we have had in the past. Just nice and sunny. The seasons are changing once again, but we will still get warm to hot days through to April. Take care. Liz...xx