Monday 24 February 2020

Breaking News

I have been rather dilatory in posting on this blog. I’ve been busy with the house and then to make things worse, I fell, in the garden, and broke my arm in three places. My right arm of course.  So you’ll have to forgive spelling mistakes in this post, as I’m dictating it rather than try to do everything with just my left hand.

The accident couldn’t have come at a worse time. We had the builders in knocking down the wall between the kitchen and the dining room. Also the pseudo-baronial fireplace was removed to reveal the original, much simpler one behind it. I love the old original fire place, it’s so much more in keeping with the walls.
The old kitchen is still in place here in this photo, but Roy is gradually removing the units so that when the builders come back they can dryline the walls and insulate as neccessary.

They have also insulated the ceilings and put in plaster board. The electrician laid his cables and made places for the lights to go in. Last week he came back for a couple of hours to add emergency lighting.
We haven’t yet chosen the kitchen, and I think it will take About four weeks to arrive when we do, so at the moment everything is everywhere and the house a complete mess.

I have an appointment with my surgeon in the middle of March and hopefully, the arm will be healed.

2 comments:

Elizabethd said...

What a blow to injure yourself just when you need to be 'fighting fit'.
I wondered where you had got to recently, so its good to read your news. Your alterations look exciting and I look forward to seeing more photos as you progress.

Jacqui said...

Hope all's well...apart from the arm of course! I'm sure the kitchen will look fab when it's don. x