Wednesday 23 May 2007

May 23rd - Signing the pre-contract

I had a busy day today - signed the Compromis de Vente on the new house. The estate agent rang me at 8 in the morning, to say that we were meeting at the house at 10.30 to make a list of the items Mlle Galbois is to leave with the house (included in the price) so that there would be no dispute over anything later.


We carried on at Helene's office in Bussiere-Poitivine where Helene added the list to the contract and made sure that the land numbers were correct and so on. What with all of this, and her printer being on the blink, I did not get away until 1.30! However, it's all signed now, and the final signing and handover of the keys should be 31st July or earlier.

We'll go over again - just Helene and me - in a week or so, to look at the things that Mlle Galbois says I can have 'for a small price', such as beds, curtains, light fittings etc. I need to decide a price to make her an offer.

I also called in to a warehouse near Bussiere Poitivine and found some more plastic boxes! So I can fill those tomorrow, and make things a bit more mouseproof. Also, the tip is open tomorrow afternoon, so I can clear out some more of the dependances.

I'm going to bed early tonight as I only had about 4 hours sleep last night - maybe anticipation about the signing, but the explosive birdscarer that the farmer has just started using may have had something to do with it. In the early evening I thought there was some hunting going on but when it continued after dark, I came to the conclusion that it is a bird scarer. I guess I'll get used to it, it's no worse than the owls!

No comments: