Friday 7 March 2008

7th March 2008

A Productive Day

So what would you define as a productive day?

I had a lawnmower delivered just before lunch, so you might have thought I would spend the afternoon using it...


However, after my fish 'n' chip lunch at Le Petit Cafe in Mézières-sur-Issoire I had a sudden desire to sort out some of my boxes of china and glass that are taking up valuable wool-storage room in my end room. (Jack did warn me that he had a secret ingredient in the fish batter - and I reckon it's something fairly illegal). With the Shabby Chic shop at La Petite Fontaine in Le Dorat in mind, I decided to sort out what I wanted to keep and what they could sell in the shop (if they accept it).

I sorted two big boxes - one to keep and one for the shop.















A lot of the items were wrapped in tissue paper - an expensive, flower-printed tissue paper that I bought in the 1970s, and it seemed a shame to burn it..


...so I decided to recycle it by ironing it all flat again..


It worked well, but took a long time. Would you call that a productive day?

You see, it depends on your perspective - pressing tissue paper may not butter any parsnips, but it is a soothing occupation, and folding freshly-pressed tissue is very satisfying - especially when it has such a pretty pattern. With James Blunt playing on the iPod, I spent several happy and, I think, productive hours.

Plenty of time for lawn mowing tomorrow!

No comments: