Tuesday 24 June 2008

24th June 2008

As predicted, the nights are drawing in...

It was hot again today, but at about 10 this evening there was a strange light outside and rumblings of thunder over the Monts de Blond.
















By 10.30 pm the rain had started, and there were a few flashes of lightning over the darkened hills...


Now last week it was still light at this time.....

Still, the rain is good for the garden, although I wish it could just fall on the plants and not the grass which has grown 3cm in 2 days already! I refuse to cut it every other day - it just encourages it!

...and the added bonus is that I may sleep better tonight. Last night it was so hot with the veluxes and windows closed against the mozzies, that I got up at 3 am, fixed a mosquito curtain up at the window and opened the window wide to get some air. Today I opened the veluxes in the day, but put their blinds down to stop the sun coming in, and it did seem cooler...

No comments: