Monday 7 July 2008

7th July 2008

Woolly-Minded in Le Dorat

No - not me - a group that I go to on a Monday afternoon. We knit, crochet, sew, do canvas work etc. There aren't many of us - only 4 regulars - but it's good for a chat. After the meeting Maarit and I investigated a new shop in the square (run by English) selling gift-y stuff, and also doing some café trade. Called La Maison Bleue. It's good to see new places opening up - Le Dorat is lovely but, like many small French towns, dying a slow death as the young people move into the cities. There are very few shops, and the old ones are either houses now or offices for insurance firms or suchlike. I have considered opening a shop there myself, but it is really a bit far away - 1/2 hour by car - and fuel has just risen again...

The weather has been VERY mixed today - sunshine and violent rain, but the garden is still a bit dry and I have had to water everything this evening. I have my first gladiolus just about in flower...

...and, if you read my post about the 'blue corner', here it is now...

The hosta is actually pale mauve, and one of the agapanthus (should that be 'agapanthi"?) is white, but I'm going to stick with the blue corner name!

No comments: