Sunday 14 September 2008

Down By The Riverside...

In September, Bellac hosts a Grande Brocante, down by the riverside. Last year I went as an 'exposant' but this time I just went along for the ride (or should that be 'walk', as I did the rounds three times)...

Frankly, you must be tired of all the pictures of stallholders with rusty old items from their barns and stall-loads of plastic children's toys, so I'm just going to show you the unmissable bargains that I bought. :-)

Firstly (and these are really spectacular) the two oil paintings done by the lady stallholder, for only (wait for it) 3 Euros each!!!!!!

They really look much better than this - you can see bigger pictures on my Flickr site

Secondly, the two vitrines with some really hideous grasses and dried poppy heads in (but I have plans for the boxes)...

Thirdly, the buttons - well how could I not buy buttons? Especially those printed with BOYOYO...

Fourthly the little folding step-stool for only 1 euro, which will enable me to reach the Velux windows upstairs for opening and closing...
Fifthly a little hand-sized doll for Molly...

and finally, another one you can't see 'cos it's in the washing-machine - but it's a little soft doll in a pink carry-cot bag, the whole thing about the size of a small Molly-sized bag. I'll show you that one when it's clean!

1 comment:

Jason Fist said...

I quite like the idea of being a boyoyo.