Saturday 13 September 2008

International Crochet Day

Now you know me - I do a lot of crochet. Also, I read a lot of blogs. To add to that, I read a lot of crochet blogs. So why is it that I only heard about International Crochet Day today (13th September) when, apparently, it was yesterday (12th September)!

Kim Werker, of Crochet Me has entered a wish for a happy International Crochet Day on the blog, and points us to another blog SkaMama where there is a list of activities. But it appears SkaMama knows as little about International Crochet Day as I do, so I wonder who does know; when they knew; and how it is publicised?

I do my bit for crochet by giving away my patterns for free on Ravelry all the time...



So, once again, I find out about it just too late (well, actually, I need about 6 months run-up if I'm going to do anything for it) so just how well-respected is this ancient festival?

I hesitate to suggest that this day never really existed, as some people have actually given prizes to celebrate the (non-) event. Me? I'm just going to wait until I'm told about the next one... perhaps with a bit more notice this time. :-)

3 comments:

Robin said...

I hate to sound like one of those "old timers" but here goes...I've been crocheting for over 30 years and I have never heard of it before this past week. All I did was crochet at the doctor's office and wear my capris with the crocheted flowers on them

Mrs Jelly said...

Here's one crochet blog you won't ever have to compete with ....
http://whatnottocrochet.wordpress.com/

TurquoizBlue said...

It was the 2nd anniversary of the holiday. Jimbo's blog seems to have the most info about it. http://jimbosfrontporch.blogspot.com/