Thursday 5 February 2009

More Socks!

I'm going a bit mad on socks now! About time, as I've had the yarn for about a year already!

Here's the latest - a turquoise/blue/green/lavender mixture from Garn Studio. The yarn is called Fabel and is very cheap, at about 2.35 euros a 50g ball.














It's lovely to work with and reminds me of one Maarit had which had some Aloe Vera on it to make it smoother...



Balls...

...in the washing machine...

I have some washing in the machine right now, with a 'mineral ball' which replaces the detergent. Not only because I'm conservation-conscious, but also because I have to be careful what chemicals (if any) go into my fosse (septic tank). I'll let you know how the washing turns out...

I saw, in the supermarket today, that you can buy a ball which lasts for 3 years, but it is nearly 30 euros! These were only 5 euros for two!

2 comments:

Debra in France said...

Isn't it amazing how the sock wool makes such perfect stripes. Mags has a wool called Crofter which looks just like fair isle when knitted, without all the hassle. I am interested to hear how the laundry turns out. I love the idea of not using detergent.

I LOVE FRANCE said...

It dosent take you long to knit socks
the wool is lovely
i would also be interested in the washing machine balls
andrea