Sunday 12 July 2009

Journée Artisanale - Le Dorat

It was a long day - but successful, I feel. I couldn't have done it without the help of my friend Sue though - she was brilliant!

I had to get up at six o'clock to be in Le Dorat for 7 and find out where the stand was positioned. Sue joined me at 8 o'clock to help set up and from then it was just a matter of sell, sell, sell...

...well, it wasn't that fast in actual fact - the morning was slow going and we were on a windy corner and the wind was cold! But Sue, ever resourceful, wore one of the hats that were for sale and got lots of comments (from passing gentlemen). Of course it may have been due to the fact that she didn't take off the large swing ticket, but I think it was largely due to her big smile.

Here's the stand...

...and we had enough space at the side to display the boxes of yarn that I had brought along too.

I had also brought some packs of material, but they nearly all sold immediately - before I even took this picture!

All in all we made well over a hundred euros, and I did get rid of sell a lot of stuff. Considering lots of things were just one or two euros, it was very good.

The Band

Very little goes on in Le Dorat without the band being involved, and sure enough, they came and played on our corner. It was lovely - they are good players - and made the whole thing very festive.

The only thing that would really have made the whole thing so much better for me would have been if they had provided tables and put them in position, as the really hard part was carrying the folding pine table down from the shop. It wasn't really far, and Sue helped me, but it is a very heavy table, and Sue discovered muscles she never knew she had!

1 comment:

Debra in France said...

I loved your stall, and am thrilled with my new bags!