Saturday 16 January 2010

Hearts are Trumps

Yep - for the moment, I just can't stop making them (and fingerless mittens of course). Today I appliqued a heart on a second tea towel...

...and made another lavender-filled heart out of a felted sweater. Here it is...
I'm really enjoying this 20 minutes-a-day craft challenge, as it makes me think I should do some different things and not just sit and knit or crochet as I often do.

Here's the latest mitten, by the way:


It's made with one thread of NORO Blossom and one thread of pure merino sock wool. Works well colourwise and is lovely and warm too!

4 comments:

MarmaladeRose said...

Busy girl. I'm loving the applique hearts especially the neat hand stitching around the edges.

Twiglet said...

Those little upcycled sweater hearts are perfect. It means every scrap of felted sweater can be used and you do it so well!!

Marigold Jam said...

Tks for your tip on my blog re the holes for the cords on my bag - I'll try that it wilol be easier I am sure! I have come over to you from there and find you too are one of the 20 minuters and not only that but you live not far from where we lived when in France! We were near St Junien!

Jane

Annie said...

Some really lovely work going one there is see. Love the little hearts.
A x