Tuesday 19 January 2010

Noro Needlecases

Whilst sorting, I came across some Noro yarn. Fatal. I love Noro - especially the 'Blossom', which has such gorgeous colour combinations in every ball and is light as a feather and very warm. (But expensive). Now bearing in mind that expensive bit, I never have much in the Noro line, so am restricted to making small things - brooches, little bags, mittens, a hat...

...and the latest is (ta da) needlecases! Yes, that useful accessory that you can never have too many of...

...well, I am fascinated by them, anyway, and, yes - I probably do have too many, but I'm making these to sell (I hope) and they are my twenty minutes crafting for yesterday.

They are simple rectangles, done in broken moss stitch and I intend to line them and put in a couple of pretty felt pages for the needles. I tried to felt one by boiling it (the one on the right of the picture) but it just came out slightly bigger and floppier than before! Apparently the yarn mixture is 40% wool, 30% kid mohair, 20% silk, 10% nylon. Hand Wash only, so you'd thnk it stood a good chance of felting....

Anyway, they are still lovely - the colours are fab!

3 comments:

Annie said...

Wow. I really love the colours. Your 20 Minutes were put to really special use.
We launched our blog shop yesterday so feel free to drop in to have a look and we would really appreciate feedback/comments.
http://sisterscraftycreations.blogspot.com/
Thanks A x

Anonymous said...

I popped over from the 20 Minuters. Noro is sooo lovely, but I have to buy it in small batches, too. The needlecases are beautiful.

French Nanny said...

Thank you sooo much for your sweet comments. Tomorrow I hope to post the first finished needlecase!