Tuesday 2 February 2010

Cor Anglaise

That's Cor as in Cor Blimey - what a day. I'm female, so hence Cor Anglaise....

Anyway, I've been so busy today, I've amazed myself.

Yesterday my friend Sandra (who flies back to England tomorrow for a week) told me that a local cafe had asked her if she could put some of her fingerless gloves and felted bags in their window, as they needed something to replace the current display. Well, since she couldn't do it, I rang the cafe today and asked if I could. They said yes, so I had to gather up enough stuff to make a display before Thursday! To be fair, I will also take some neckwarmers and fingerless gloves of my own, but I felt duty bound to find some stuff suitable for Valentine's Day presents. So today I have made lavender hearts and mohair brooches...

...I just hope some of them sell...

I've also got some LOVE potholders/kitchen decorations...... OK - not terribly interesting, but the sentiment is correct!

Not every girl will expect diamonds...

4 comments:

kelly said...

I just love your flowers, hearts and potholders. I think you'll have some sales.
The best to you!!!

Marigold Jam said...

Cor indeed! You certainly got busy and I love all those little hearts and flowers - do hope you get plenty of sales.

Jane

Twiglet said...

Those little brooches are perfect - I tried to knit/crochet a few at Christmas time but not as lovely as those!

Mrs Twins said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Really pretty! Well done!
Hugs and Love Suex