Saturday 6 February 2010

T-Towels still packed up

Today I decided to re-purpose some tea towels I had in the bottom of a box. I made these some years ago and have toted them around many fairs and sales without success. Even when priced at 2 euros for a pack of 2 (!!!) no-one was interested.

I came across them during the clean-up and decided I should do something other than just keep them in their present form.


As I am currently obsessed with hearts, I thought I would make hearts out of a few, and then maybe use the others for bags or linings or shoe bags for me, or maybe some pretty childrens' aprons. (I also thought I might sew some together and make a little curtain to go in front of my kitchen sink - but more of that another time).

So I pressed them all...

... and ironed some soft Vilene onto a few of them (but of course, I ran out of Vilene) and then started to cut out the heart shapes...

... until I had quite a pile...

I've actually cut out 4 different material patterns, but the light is soo poor I can't show you any more pictures until tomorrow...

Maybe I will be able to make up a few this evening too. I'm going to keep them simple this time and not completely fill them with lavender either, so I can sell them at a reasonable price.

4 comments:

Marigold Jam said...

Looking forward to seeing the finished results. I had a heart phase just before Christmas and knitted dozens and did some in crazy patchwork too.

Jane

Marigold Jam said...

Looking forward to seeing the finished results.

Jane

Martha said...

How clever -- can't wait to see them finished and filled with lavender!

Elizabethd said...

Lovely fabric. It is difficult not to take ever cost into account when you are pricing...time/lavender/etc.