Much as I vilified the pattern - the new instructions in version 3 did make this shawl easy to do. Also, the design has been modified so that the edging 'points' match up with the main pattern, which they didn't initially. I took the first one back and redid the edging based on the new instructions.
The yarn I used, Rowan LIMA, is absolutely GORGEOUS, and really does feel heavenly.
The shawl has a very pretty leaf pattern, which is not that hard to do if you follow the chart carefully.
Once I got the new instructions and understood where I went wrong at first, it was all plain sailing. I have now made two and am on my third one.
The pattern does need blocking, and I was a bit scared of doing this, as I didn't want to flatten the yarn. My iron gives a good puff of steam, so I used this, holding the iron a few inches above the shawl, which I had previously pinned out to shape. Wish I had a something bigger than the ironing board to work on though, as I had to do a little, let it dry, pin again, do a bit more and so on. It was a bit tricky to get the proper shape this way.