Tuesday 25 May 2010

Back On Line

Yay - but it's good to be back on line! My Internet has been on a go-slow for 5 days and I have only been able to access my email because Google will display it in HTML format for slow connections.

Of course, something has happened almost every day that I wanted to blog about and couldn't...

African Flower Hexagon Mats

On the 19th (Thursday)I made my first African Flower hexagons, and today I finished my 7th mat made out of them! This is my favourite:

...I'm not planning any more for the moment...

Requiem for a Cardigan

Now you know I've been making felted bags and had trouble in some cases, getting the knitting to felt...

The other day I put some washing in the machine and, without thinking, put in my favourite cardigan - a Viyella, pure wool, long-line one. The machine was set to a longer wash than I used to use (because of the felting) and the cardigan came out stiff and tiny. Typical! I've had that cardigan for years, and wore it almost daily here, even in bed before the insulation was in, and I had no heating. It was my best friend...

However, such is the see-saw of life, and from the virtual ashes of the phoenix of a cardigan will rise a new range of products featuring embroidery on felted grey wool. Watch this space!

Still, I mourn the old faithful...

Rainbows and Irises

After a couple of hot days, we had thunder this evening, with some rain (only because I pulled up 12 buckets of water from the well to water the garden - grrrr) and I took these pictures of an amazing rainbow...

... (my house isn't really on a slant!)

198 Yards of Heaven

I'm on my fourth 'shawlette' (please, please, someone think of a better word than this!) now, and I'm hoping to sell them on my website, now that I can actually upload the information! The yarn is 84% Baby Alpaca, 8% Merino wool and 8% Nylon - it's fantastically soft and warm.

No comments: