Somehow or other it seems I have managed to crochet BW's blanket squares in two different sizes!
When I looked at this picture in my recent post, The Warr Effort, I thought the square I was sewing on looked a bit bigger...
...and sure enough, it was. In fact I had made 6 squares on a 3mm hook instead of a 2.5mm.
So, of course, I had to take the whole thing apart!
Now I have 11 squares of the smaller size and am carrying on with blanket.
This time I think I will crochet the squares together because sewing them together was a pain in the proverbial! Also, the sewing was less stretchy and I wondered if it might spoil the overall 'feel' of the blanket.
The 6 bigger squares will become coasters as I can't be bothered to pull them back and re-crochet with the smaller hook. I'm pretty sure I have enough for the blanket without them, but I'll keep them till the end anyway!