Saturday 28 May 2011

Chauvigny

I took some friends to the market at Chauvigny today. Although they have lived here some years longer than I have, they had never been there.  The weather was perfect and we had a great time.  Duncan bought a rosemary bush and I bought 10 geraniums for 11 euro.  You will soon see their pictures when I have potted them up! (The geraniums, that is, not Duncan and Annie!)


We went up to the castle and had lunch in a little restaurant there.  The views are spectacular...


view left


view right


...you can see for miles.


We were going to look round the museum as a lady who parked by us told me it was the 'Day of the Museum' today and it was free.  However she was wrong and the charge to go in would have been 8 euro each, so we passed on that...


By the museum entrance

No comments: