Friday 3 June 2011

All Work and No Play...

...means that I am very, very tired today.  I hardly slept at all last night, or the night before, and I'm not sure why.  Just stuff, going round and round in my head.

So today I decided not to start the painting this morning, and I collected up all the pictures I am not going to hang in the house, and took them over to the shop, ready for the Journée Artisanale on the 10th July.  Some other things as well - I'm really having a mammoth clearout!

I stayed in Le Dorat for lunch at the Petite Fontaine, as their special today was fresh tuna steak and salad.  One of my favourites!  I love the honey and mustard dressing with pine nuts and other seeds...

This afternoon I put another coat of paint on the window in the middle room (yes, the one with 12 teeny-tiny panes in each side)...

middle room window 3 coats

... and also put a preliminary coat on the doorframe going into the kitchen.

I put the breadmaker on as soon as I got home, and now the bread is nearly ready.  Can you smell it?

Bread in machine

Just after 5 o'clock found me sitting on the terrace sipping a glass of Beaujolais and crocheting a little dolls' blanket out of flowers.

Pink flower doll blanket

It's been a funny old day really, weatherwise.  It almost looks like it might rain now, but earlier there was a really warm wind and I was pulling innumerable buckets of water up from the well to water the plants, as they all looked very thirsty.  It's the driest year I've known out here. A big green lizard dashed under a wooden trough I had just watered, and I wondered if he was looking for a little refreshing drink from water seeping through...

green lizard1

The aster (the one that's supposed to flower in September) has been covered in butterflies but, of course, they all flew away when I got out my camera!

aster out

Tomorrow (if I have the energy) I'm going to try putting the bricks in the wall over the door into the kitchen...

No more bricks...

...I'm going to 'mortar' the bricks in with 'No More Nails', as I happen to have some of that, and I don't have any mortar!

Watch this space!

1 comment:

Elizabethd said...

Lucky you to have a well! We badly need rain here, the garden is so dry now.