Tuesday 12 July 2011

Wacky Weather

It's July, so you don't really expect hailstones, but that's what we got early this morning.  The noise of them on the Veluxes woke me up at six-something am.  Then it rained, and by 10am there was thunder and lightning and a real storm.

Rain1

Half an hour later all was bright sunshine, and I was able to put the final coat of gloss on the last window shutter - it's on the worktable in the dépendance, so safe from the weather while it dries.

It's all still a bit mixed, though, so I'm holding off on finishing painting the breeze block of the garden sheds...

Shed white

I think I will go and do some gardening now, as the soil is damp enough to pull up the weeds.

String Thing

On a crafty note, I am part-way through another string bag, using up some yarn I pulled back from a zigzag doll blanket that was just too tiresome to continue with.  I am using it doubled with a ball of cotton dyed by Fibres d'Art in a mix of pinks and yellow, and I love the way it's turning out...

string thing

..I made the base a bit more solid this time and am not following a pattern...

String thing base

...only the second in this line, so I expect there will be more, to use up my cotton stash!

1 comment:

Elizabethd said...

You are having odd weather. We ahve sun here, but with intermittent showers today.