Tuesday 11 October 2011

Back in London

Hello!  I've been absent for a few days - staying with my daughter in the south of England.  Going places with the grandchildren...

Molly on monkey bars

Max in Winchester

...and generally having a good time.

But now I'm back in London and going to the last (I hope) hospital appointment before getting ready to go back to France.  Once there I will sort out my things and try and rent out the properties.

Anyone interested in spending a year renting in France?

This is the house I used to live in...

Front of house 3

...this is a second house (but I'd rather sell this one than rent it out)...


...and this is the shop in Le Dorat, with the apartment above...

shop frontage 2

The two houses are in the country and have gardens, but the shop is in the little town of Le Dorat and has no outside space but is very close to cafes, bars and other stuff.

In this current economic climate I think I might have more chance of renting than selling the properties and I hope I can make enough to cover the rent of a house here in England.

4 comments:

Elizabethd said...

I so hope it works out for you. Property is not an investment here at the moment.

Evelyn said...

Lovely grandchildren you have! Ooh, I wish I could pick up my life (and my family) and rent/buy Chez Penny in Le Dorat -- it's a lovely thought but not in my stars at the moment. Best of luck finding takers!

Claire said...

Oooh, a year in France sounds absolutely wonderful and wouldn't I love to do it..........
Wishing you all the best in your quest to find tenants or new buyers.

Claire :]

quilterliz said...

G'day Penny. Sounds like you had a great time with your daughter and grandchildren. Good luck with the renting/selling of your properties. I wish I could convince hubby to move to France and rent one of your homes !!! I personally would love to do it. Take care. Liz...