Wednesday 19 October 2011

Pink Friday imminent!

I am going to move the Pink Friday Cake Sale forward to this Friday - the 21st October.  Why?  Because I will have made all the cakes by then, and they are all over the room...

At present I have 47 (although every time I count I get a different figure) and I need 53 to reach my target.  Lots of doughnuts...

18 Doughnuts

...and even more pastry tarts...

18 pastry tarts

...and a few cupcakes...

Cupcake with cream


... but I don't seem to get very good results making cupcakes, and they take me much longer.

A Dog in a T-Shirt


I've just spent a few days in Kenilworth with my friend Joan, and she was looking after a dog (J-J) for friends who are on holiday.  Just before they left, the dog was bitten by another dog and had a wound that was not healing as J-J kept licking it. Joan found a good solution, by putting a T-shirt on him...

J-J in T-shirt

...it did the job, and he looked very funny in it!

3 comments:

Annie said...

Well done you with the knitted cakes and buns. Good luck with sales. Love the dog pic. Thanks for the smile :-)
A x

Twiglet said...

Brilliant little pink cakes. The dog looks quite proud of its T shirt. x Jo

quilterliz said...

G'day. Your knitted cakes and doughnuts are so cute.Well done. Good luck with them. Take care. Liz...