Saturday 5 May 2012

Coastal Knits

I was just thinking of knitting myself Kate Davies' bláithín cardigan...

... when the postman knocked on my door with this!

Coastal Knits Cover

...possibly the most beautiful pattern book I have ever seen.

Here is a little taster...

Coastal Knits collage

This is the first time I have bought a pattern book and loved every pattern in it!  And it is such a beautiful book that, even if I never knit a single design from it, I will be happy and soothed just turning the pages and looking at the pictures.

I bought my copy from Loop, in London, but you can buy direct from the website (although it was too expensive for me to have it posted to France from the States). Have a look at the site anyway, there's lots of interesting information about the book and the designers...


...and now they're making the designs from Coastal Knits in children's sizes, in Coastal Kids, and the beauty of these child-size designs is that they are available to buy as pdf downloads!


With Molly and Max to knit for, I'm very interested in these...



1 comment:

Jason Fist said...

What are you using to do your photo collages? They're very good...