Thursday 7 June 2012

Disaster Breaks!

I stopped knitting owls and decided to finish the Amari shawl...

All was going swimmingly and then...DISASTER !!!!  My Knit Pro acrylic circular needle broke!Broken needle

I was taking back a row - the first pattern row of the edging - when it happened and quite a lot of stitches fell off.  I was not a happy bunny.  Not least of all because those are my favourite needles for everything and I only have one pair of tips in each size!   However, I painstakingly picked up the stitches on a different needle, took back the work, and re-knitted the row on my Denise needles...

Beg of lace pattern 2

These needles have blunter tips than the Knit Pro, but beggars can't be choosers and I'll have to do the rest on these ones.  The first pattern row seems OK...

Beg of lace pattern, close

...I just hope there aren't any more disasters!




3 comments:

Ashley said...

I'm so nervous to start the lace rows. I also am stuck with the bamboo needles so I'm hoping that they last until the shawl is finished. But I am so frustrated with it happening today I want nothing to do with knitting it anymore lol. I love the grey that you ended up using.

Evelyn said...

Oh no! I've heard about the acrylics being prone to breaking...glad you had back-ups!

quilterliz said...

G'day penny. What a jolly nuisance to have that happen and to drop the stitches as well.Glad that you have managed to keep going with it. I look forward to seeing it finished. Take care. Liz...