Monday 3 September 2012

Bussière-Poitivine Brocante

Yesterday afternoon I had a little trip out.  I went to a town not far away, called Bussière-Poitivine, where there was a brocante on.

There were lots of stalls and plenty of visitors...

Bussiere-Poitivine brocante 1

...though I didn't find anything to buy.

I did enjoy the traditional dancers though, in their wooden sabots ...

Bussiere-Poitivine brocante 3

The place where it was held is a sort of leisure area,with a little lake in the middle and a Monet-type bridge over it.  There was a model boat club sailing some of their boats on the lake...

Bussiere-Poitivine brocante 2

...they reminded me a little of the sailboats I watched in Paris some years ago.



3 comments:

Lilbitbrit said...

Thank you for sharing you life in France. I always have a dream of moving there, but my husband says the grass is always greener.

I'm from the UK but live in the States and one could not afford the prices of houses in the UK, but maybe in France.

I would love you some time to write a comparison of pros and cons, differences in things you never think of.

Christy
Lil Bit Brit

Elizabethd said...

....and always the obligatory white van selling clothes!

quilterliz said...

G'day Penny. Lovely photos. Looks like the weather was nice. Take care. Liz...