Saturday 10 November 2012

Wicker Work

I like wicker. I like all that old colonial, verandah-based stuff - relics of a past age of grandeur...

But maybe this is the only wicker relic in my house - the Wicker Cowl - and maybe it'll never be finished as I've ripped it back 3 times already...

Wicker Cowl

Shades of THAT tea cosy come to mind.  What is wrong with me?  I never used to have these problems.  Is it early onset Knitting Alzheimers?  Seems I can't produce anything from a new pattern without getting it wrong several times!

However, it is a lesson sorely needed in patience, I guess - but I'm a bit impatient for it to be gone!  I like this pattern; I like this yarn (recycled from a bought sweater and a luxurious mixture of lambswool and angora); I think (or rather thought) this will be (would have been) a quick knit.

It's a pretty pattern...

Wicker Cowl detail

...although I see I made a mistake right at the bottom - you can see it here - that I'm NOT going back to fix.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this one won't take a week to finish...

3 comments:

quilterliz said...

G'day Penny. I too love wicker. I would love to get a small wicker setting for the outdoor area, but I fear that it would make it too cluttered. I love your wicker look cowl. It will be just beautiful when you finish it. I seem to have that problem of making mistakes. I just put it down to being human!!! Take care. Liz...x

Debra in France said...

it looks great Penny. Keep going, you'll be wearing it before you know it xx

Anita said...

Hi there,
I love the cowl and the colour you've chosen. Mistakes?? I can't stand it when you've knitted so far and then you spot a mistake all the way back. Thankfully I have learnt patience in my age, when I was young and spotted a mistake in my knitting, so was my anger that I used to hold my pigtail to ransome and threaten to cut it off!!lol.....I'm not like that now....I don't have pigtails.
Cheers, Anita.